26 Apr What’s up with her symptoms?
OK, guys. Your woman has been having crazy symptoms – hot, cold, tired, wired, joint pain, constipation, and on and on…
What the heck is going on?
Short version is that the symptoms she’s going through are just pieces of the puzzle of the bigger thyroid picture.
We’ll go over the difference between Hypothyroidism and Hashimoto’s in another article, but what you need to know is this – 9 out of 10 thyroid patients with Hypothyroidism have Hashimoto’s, so it’s worth looking at the symptoms of both.
Here’s a quick guide of the major symptoms of the Hypothyroidism and Hyperthyroidism…
This will help narrow down what’s going on quickly and give you a big picture overview of the symptoms.
Keep in mind, in the beginning, she may only have a few of these, but as the disease progresses, there are more and more. This is often where women feel like they’re going crazy trying to figure out what’s going on – that’s a post for another time how these symptoms often get misdiagnosed.
Symptoms and Signs of Hypothyroidism
- Fatigue, feeling “wiped out”
- Cold hands and feet
- Require excessive sleep
- Gain weight easily
- Neck and back pain
- Headaches which are worse in the morning and improve throughout the day
- Dry/thinning hair
- Dry skin
- Heavy menstrual bleeding or irregular periods
- Hoarse or raspy voice
- Yellow skin
- Slower thinking
- Slower speech or movement
- Slow heart rate
- Intestinal problems including bloating and heartburn
- Neuro-degeneration (nerve damage and death of neurons found in Parkinson’s, Alzheimer’s and Huntington’s disease)
Symptoms and Signs of Hyperthyroidism
- Heart palpitations (experienced as a “pounding” of the heart)
- Irregular heartbeat (Arrhythmia)
- Feeling “hyper”
- Increased heart rate-tachycardia (above 100 beats per minute)
- Unusual sweating
- Loss of weight
- Intestinal problems (diarrhea, increased frequency of bowel movements, bloating)
- Changes in menstrual patterns
- Increased sensitivity to heat
- Loss of mental clarity (brain fog)
- Bulging eyes
- Skin rash
Click here to see the original articles…
Is My Thyroid to Blame? 38 Most Common Symptoms (Dr. Frank Lanzisera)
Do You Have Hypothyroidism Or Hashimoto’s Or Both? (Dr. Izabella Wentz, Pharm D.)